The Xelius is the quintessential mountain bike. First to reach the Alpe d’Huez summit during the 2015 Tour de France race
With Thibaut Pinot at the helm, the Xelius SL has already won an impressive number of titles at major competitions. Highly versatile and featuring an outstanding weight/stiffness tradeoff, it will undoubtedly enable you to achieve your ambitions. Lightweight and comfortable, this model preserves its rider during climbs regardless of their difficulty, allowing you to grind through the kilometers under the best of conditions. For climbers and versatile racers seeking to take on the legendary mountain climbs.
The seat stays directly incorporated into the upper tube serve to transfer all vibrations stemming from the road straight to the upper tube without adversely affecting the cyclist. Our 3D Tubular technology also makes it possible to reduce the mechanical stresses, thanks to an assembly of extremely lightweight carbon fibers. Through this process, the Xelius SL 500 has gained renown as an industry reference in terms of comfort, weight reduction and efficiency.
By integrating an 11-speed, Shimano 105 52/36 transmission plus an 11-28 cassette, it is the ideal accomplice when facing the most difficult climbs. Its dynamic handling is perfectly controlled by the Shimano RS10 wheels mounted with Continental Ultra Sport tires. The comfort of the Fizik Antares saddle is a real asset when faced with many long hours on the road.
For all-rounders and climbers.
- Superlight Technology. Carbon layup ready for competition.
- Powerbox Technology for efficient pedaling.
- Lapierre’s patented Trap Door Technology: Di2 battery more easily accessible and low centre of gravity.
- 3D Tubular Technology : reduced weight and improved comfort.
- Frame : XELIUS SL CARBON
- Fork : XELIUS SL 100% CARBON
- Headset : FSA 11/8 - 11/4 ORBIT C-33 44E
- Bottom bracket : SHIMANO PRESSFIT SMBB7141B
- Crankset : SHIMANO 105 FC-R5800, 52x36T 170mm (XS,S) 172.5mm (M) 175mm (L,XL, XXL)
- Stem : LAPIERRE AS-LP2 -7° 31.8mm 90mm (XS,S) 100mm (M) 110mm (L) 120mm (XL, XXL)
- Seatpost : LAPIERRE SP-3D1 27.2x350mm
- Handlebar : LAPIERRE HB-CR12 40cm (XS) 42cm (S,M,L) 44cm (XL, XXL)
- Front derailleur : SHIMANO 105 FD-R5801F
- Rear derailleur : SHIMANO 105 RD-R5800GS, 11s
- Brakes : SHIMANO 105 BR-R58010 DIRECTMOUNT / BR-5800
- Shifters : SHIMANO 105 ST-5800 2x11s
- Saddle : FIZIK ANTARES R5 MG
- Wheel : SHIMANO RS10
- Sprocket : SHIMANO 105 HG5800 11s 11-28T
- Tires : CONTINENTAL Ultra Sport 2 SL 700x25
- Weight : 8,4kg
We at Lapierre use four distinct fibre types, each with its own characteristics. Our engineers can use these different fibres to adapt the stiffness, flex and strength needed for the parts of the frame in question. High-strength fibre is what you will need for shock absorption and comfort: seatpost, chainstays, seatstays or even the whole frame. Very high-modulus, meanwhile, will have unyielding stiffness and efficiency. In our E-MTBs, we use 4 different type of fibres and we kn