Well I'll be damned,
We talk about the Swiss army knife of bikes a lot ...But come on...This is the stuff that dreams are made of!
"Don't even get me started on the price!"
I mean, just look at it. It's got all the classic design cues from GT'S of old, that cross triangle where the seat tubes meats the top tube. The alloy versions look just as bad ass as the carbon ones, then there's the storage capacity. Have you ever seen so many possible mounting positions for a water bottle or bag?
The Model pictured below is the aluminium version with a price tag of only €1.062 ...YES THAT'S RIGHT! ...Euros! what??
This Model which is the GT Grade Elite Gravel Bike 2020 version is INSTOCK , right now in all sizes!
LET'S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK
Gravel, all-road or whatever you want to call it, the Grade is built for adventure, right out of the box. With a new, leaner look, a purposeful redesign of our iconic Triple Triangle™, and engineered to take you and your ride further and faster, the Grade is more compliant, versatile, and adjustable than ever before.
- Floating Stays All-day rideability: More vertical compliance on both aluminum and carbon models than previous generation of Grade for a more comfortable time in the saddle, no matter the terrain.
- Flip Chip Fork Race ready or long and steady: The top two model Grades are equipped with a flip chip fork to provide 15 mm of adjustability. This allows riders to go from 55 mm to 70 mm of fork offset. Run the 55 mm offset for gravel races or flip to the “lowtrail” 70 mm offset when you’re loaded up with cargo on a bikepacking adventure.
- DFD - Dual Fiber Dynamics (Carbon Models) More control and less fatigue: The Grade’s seat stays are comprised of two lightweight fibers: a tough composite of carbon and fiberglass. The solid fiberglass core provides toughness and damping, and the carbon fiber outer layers act to control stiffness. In the end, you have a bike that gives the rider a lot more control and less fatigue on the ride.
- Smart Routing (Carbon Models): Internal Di2 routing and dropper post compatible with stealth routing.
- Removable Fender Bridge (Carbon Models): Keep the skid marks on the trail.
- External Cable Routing for easy access and maintenance: No need to disconnect hydraulic lines to re-bleed them
- Flatmount Brakes Out of the box with native 160mm rotors front / rear on the Carbon Grade: With a standard adapter, the Grade Carbon can move up to 180mm rotors. This gives big braking power for when your loaded down with lots of gear or charging into the rough. Grade Alloy is native 140 rear and 160mm front.
- Mounting Points Galore: All the frame and fork mounts for all the bags and bottles you need for a long tour. The Grade comes with top tube feed bag bosses and fork leg “anything cage” bosses. The alloy frame even has bottle bosses on the Seat Stays, that’s pretty unique!
- Tire Clearance: All Grades are spec’d with 37c width tires, but can easily accomodate up to 42mm measured clearance
- Mudguards: rear accepts full-length fender
- Standard Interfaces: No proprietary components
- Stealth: Dropper post compatible
- Frame All New Grade Alloy 700c/650b Frame, EnduRoad Triple Triangle Design feat. Floating Seatstays, 12x142 Thru Axle, Flat Mount Disc (160mm), Tapered Headtube, External Dropper Compatible, BSA 73mm
- Fork All-New Grade Carbon fork with tapered carbon steerer, 12x100 Thru Axle, Flat Mount Disc (160mm), pannier and fender compatible
- Rims WTB ST i23 TCS, 28h, tubeless ready
- Spokes 14g stainless steel
- Pedals Not Included
- Crank FSA Tempo Adventure, 48/32
- Bottom Bracket Cartridge, square taper
- Chain KMC X8, 8-speed
- Rear Cogs Sunrace, 11-34, 8-speed
- Front Derailleur Shimano Claris, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Claris
- Shifters Shimano Claris, 2x8
- Handlebar GT DropTune RS, alloy, 10° flare
- Grips Velo Cork, 3mm
- Stem 6061 Alloy, 31.8, 7°
- Headset FSA NO. 44, Integrated, Sealed Bearing
- Brakes Tektro mechanical disc, 160/160mm rotors
- Brake Levers Shimano Claris
- Saddle GT Pavement, steel rails
- Seatpost One bolt aluminum, 15mm offset, 27.2mm
- Speeds 20
- Sizes Available 48, 51, 55, 58, 61
- Front Hub Formula, 12x100
- Front Tire WTB Riddler Comp, 700 x 37c, tan sidewall
- Rear Hub Formula, 12x142
- Rear Tire WTB Riddler Comp, 700 x 37c, tan sidewal
"The bike has always been designed for adventure, able to be raced at a gran fondo, yet get off the beaten track to ride dirt roads and gravel, aided by the large volume tyres and disc brakes. They’re bikes aimed at the competitive sportive rider that wants to expand their horizons and ride way beyond tarmac." Read Full Review